Welcome to Salta, Argentina!
Salta city, also called “Salta la Linda” (“Salta the Beautiful”), it is a tourist destination mainly because of its architectural attractions, such as the 18th century Cabildo, the Cathedral, and the Plaza 9 de Julio city park. It also has many museums, including the Museo de Arqueología de Alta Montaña, which houses the bodies of 3 Inca children found frozen at the summit of Mount Llullaillaco. Salta is also the starting point of the “Train to the Clouds” (Tren a las nubes), and on the way to red-soiled Cafayate, as well as to other nearby tourist attractions.
Salta province is situated in the Northwest of Argentina and it borders three countries: Chile , Bolivia and Paraguay.
Salta stands out for its geographic and climatic heterogeneity, from the desert coldness of the Andes and the Puna to the subtropical heat of the jungle, with cool fertile valleys, mountains and rivers in between. Salta ‘s traditional hospitality and provincial cordiality blend with its great cultural richness. Its heritage is vast and varied: ancient Diaguita-Calchaqui and Inca vestiges, the more recent Spanish colonial legacy and its active involvement in the independence wars. These features are still alive in the architecture of its villages, towns and in the city of Salta itself.
Our Spanish school in Salta is small and offers a very personalized attention. One-on-one lessons and small courses are tailored to each student`s needs. The Spanish school in Salta is located in Salta city center. Courses are offered all the year round and for all levels of Spanish.
The teachers are highly qualified and caring. They have a wide experience helping students to improve their Spanish and to experience Salta’s culture, which is well known for its traditions, folkloric music, dancing, art, gastronomy and lively nightlife.
The Spanish school in Salta also offers home-stays and volunteering programs. People from Salta are well known for their hospitality and we are sure our families will make you feel at your home at their home. On the other hand, volunteering is an excellent way to practice your Spanish and interact with local people.
Our Location in Salta, Argentina
Services offered by Our Spanish School in Salta, Argentina
- Regular Spanish courses (10 hours / week in group)
- Intensive Spanish courses (20 hours / week in group)
- Individual lessons
- Semi-private lessons (one teacher – 2 students of the same level)
- Group Lessons
- 10 hours group
- up to 6 students
- 20 hours group
- Private Lessons
- 20 hours private
Two to One Lessons
- Semi Private Lessons
- — hours
- up to 2 students
Prices for Spanish lessons include:
- Cafeteria at the school
- Level test
- Certificate of attendance
- After school activities
- Textbook and other materials
We can also recommend you a hostel.
- Breakfast included
- Single Room
- In City center
- * Ask us for prices
Note: Write us to know the exact price of the available option during your dates.
For those students taking a 20 hours course this activity is free of charge! If you are interested in this activity, but taking less than 20 hours, please write us.
Each week we provide our students with a cultural agenda. These activities may includes:
- Visits to museums
- Visit to San Bernardo Hill
- Visit to Villa San Lorenzo
- Outings to pubs and peñas at Balcarse Street
- OPTIONAL: “Extended cultural programme”. NOT INCLUDED IN THE COURSE PRICE. Please book in advance. There are special offers for our students!
- TRAIN TO THE CLOUDS: railroad, reaching almost 14,000 feet above sea level, is one of the three highest in the world
- TOLAR GRANDE: small town located in the heart of the Puna Salta, 357 km away Salta city, founded in the vicinity of the Belgrano Railway Station. It is an amazing town, as it is possible to find a variety of sites of natural interest, cultural, archaeological, and geological.
- CAFAYATE: in the heart of the Valleys Calchaqui of Salta province, 178 km away Salta city, is surrounded by rivers, dunes and vineyards. One of the most beautiful landscapes of Argentina, this town is presented as an alternative tourist unpostponable for anyone looking for a place with natural beauty, history, culture, and recreation.
- CACHI: beautiful town located west of the Valles Calchaquies salteños. Distinctive beauty, and colorful colonial buildings from mid-eighteenth century. It is located 157 km from Salta city and 2280 meters above sea level.
- VUELTA A LOS VALLES: only 15 kn away Salta city center, tour to know typical and interesting small towns of the area.
- SALINAS GRANDES: salt flats at 3350m above sea level where they would normally not expect more than 100mm or 3 inches per year.
- HUMAHUACA: colourful valley in Jujuy province.
- VUELTA AL NORTE: tour to explore the northwest of Argentina