The Barolo Palace (also called Barolo Passage or Barolo Gallery) is an office building located on Avenida de Mayo, in Monserrat neighbourhood, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
It was disigned by the Italian Mario Palanti and inaugurated in 1923. Untill 1930 it was the tallest building in the city and in South America as well as his “twin brother” the Salvo Palace, built by the same architect in Montevideo. In 1997 it was declared a National Historic Monument.
It includes numerous analogies and references to the Divine Comedy, by the poet Dante Alighieri.
The architect pioneered the use of reinforced concrete in a peculiar eclectic style. On the cusp it has a lighthouse with 300,000 spark plugs. It is 100 meters high, occupies an area of 1365 square meters and its front is 30.88 meters.