1 L of milk
250 gr of sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 dash of vanilla extract
- In a saucepan pour the milk and heat without boiling.
- Once the milk is heated, add the sugar and the vanilla extract.
- Wait for it to boil and add the baking soda. It is important to stir with a wooden spoon so that the sugar does not stick to the bottom.
- Lower the heat and cook over moderate heat for 1 hour, stirring and verifying that the milk does not burn.
- Stir continuously in the form of 8 until you achieve the desired consistency (the natural color is brown).
P.S. 1 L of milk yields 1/2 kg of Dulce de Leche, Enjoy it!!