From Monday 8 to Sunday 14 April, contemporary art becomes protagonist in the City through a wide range of artistic activities in the public space, art fairs and cultural institutions of Buenos Aires.
Art Week encourages residents and visitors of the City to enjoy for seven days the programming made by 22 participating institutions and cultural foundations, the activities developed by the Art Basel Cities program: Buenos Aires, the MAPA art fair and the joint work between the Ministry of Culture of the City and strategic allies.Activities:
– Five works of public art by Argentine artists Margarita Paksa (presented by Museo Sívori), Marie Orensanz (presented by BIENALSUR), Mariana Telleria (national delivery of the Venice Biennale 2019), Luna Paiva (presented by Faena Art and Faena Festival) and Carlos Huffmann (presented by the Arts District).
– An architectural pavilion that allows the presentation of the Round Table performance for the first time. This is a trial and reactivate Margarita Paksa Communications. The Pavilion, in turn, functions as an information center, a meeting place and headquarters for a daily program of art and thought that includes, among others, guided tours, lectures, trainings and a drawing workshop for works of art for teenagers developed by Key 13/17 (Recoleta Cultural Center).
– A cycle of open-air cinema on art and culture, developed especially by BAFICI, which will function as another venue for the festival. From Tuesday to Sunday at 9pm.
– More than 43 art samples in the 22 participating institutions.
– Guided tours of the outdoors on heritage and contemporary art, from Wednesday to Sunday at 3pm.
– Event for all public on Tuesday 9 at 6:30 pm, ideal to go after work to enjoy live music, food trucks and public art works. At 8:00 pm Margarita Paksa Communications is reactivated and at 9:15 p.m., the first film of the cycle organized by BAFICI for the Semana del Arte Park is projected outdoors.
Delivery of tickets to participating institutions of Art Week, every day from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. until the daily stock is depleted.